29 August 2014

final 2014 races

I finished signing up for my final 2014 races this week.

To tune up for the St George Marathon on Oct 4th, I will be doing two races: the LVTC Forest Challenge (an 11+ mile trail race) on Sept 20th and Calico Racing's Twilight Red Rock Half Marathon on Sept 27th.  Both of these races have specific challenges.  The Forest Challenge is a trail run with altitudes in the 8600' to 9400' range and will be my first race that is hosted by the Las Vegas Track Club.  Twilight is run with a headlamp after sunset on the roads of Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and has a significant climb from the 3/4 mile mark to the 5.4 mile mark.

In November, I am getting back to trail running with Desert Dash's Trail of Glory.  Desert Dash does a lot of trail races in the Vegas area and I will be running a 12K (actually maps out a little long at 7.64 miles).  This will close out the year for me.

If the two trail races go well, I see me focusing a bit more on trail running in 2015.

No comments: