01 March 2014

February running

February is in the books and another 100+ mile month is done.  I finished the month with 14 runs for 100.5 miles. As noted in an earlier post, I took a week off following the marathon on the 1st and got back into the swing of things on the 9th. I took off two more normal run days, the 15th and 16th, due to a family trip to Disneyland.

Training-wise, I am putting an emphasis on building speed back up.  To do this, I am pushing hard on short runs, working hard on hills and throwing surge miles into my medium and long runs,  I am specifically plugging in two short days a week (Tuesday and Thursday) to hammer from start to finish.  I am not neglecting the longer distances and got in a 15 mile run last Saturday at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.

I am also getting back into crosstraining.  I knocked out a cardio class and spin class this week.  I am getting in some kayak time at Lake Mead tomorrow.

Oh yeah, last but not least, I turned 39 in February....two more weeks to half marathon number four.

No comments: